Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to school (but not for me)







Today was back to school day for all my teacher friends and Chris. Although it felt a little strange last night going to bed knowing I wasn't going back to work, I'll have to admit, I didn't mind that much when the alarm went off at 6:00 and Chris got up and I stayed in bed! As I knew I would, I had a few mixed emotions with not starting back to school today. I loved my school, my teacher friends, the families, and being a first grade teacher so I knew I'd be a little sad. However, I definitely know I made the right decision and I am going to really enjoy working with the little squirts at the preschool in a few weeks. So today, while Chris went to his back to school meetings, Braden and I had a shopping trip in Edinburgh with Michelle and Jackson and played outside when we got home. I'm not sure it's all completely hit me yet...all of the time at home I'll have with Braden, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it (especially the sleeping in part)!

3 comments:

The McKim Family said...

We missed seeing you today! Enjoy every second of being home with your little man because before you know it he will be 10 and going into 5th grade! (tear) :-)

Unknown said...

I miss it every August too, but I am so glad I am at home!

ame said...

I thought about not being your BFF anymore since you abandoned me, but since you confessed your love for me in this post I guess I will keep you. :)