Saturday, November 26, 2011

Losing teeth!!! Already?!?!

Friday was a shocker for this mom!! Braden lost his first tooth! What?!?! I thought kids lost their first tooth in first grade, maybe kindergarten! I know when I taught first grade many kids would lose their first tooth in my class.

So needless to say I was a bit shocked and almost panicked when I pulled up to Granny's and he ran up and I noticed his mouth. I assumed he fell or got hit in the mouth somehow. Granny assured me nothing of the sort happened and his tooth was just lose. She had taken Braden and her other great grandbabies to Derby Dinner Playhouse to see The Velveteen Rabbit. Apparently he was eating corn on the cob (uh...hold on here, he doesn't eat that for me??) and said "Granny, something is wrong with my tooth." She said it was loose and then a few bites later he said it was gone!

Poor Granny and Carma (her daughter) were on the ground crawling around in the dark trying to find that teeny tiny tooth!! She said they'd come up with a crumb and say "well that's not it" and continue looking. I was cracking up when she told me the story. What a good, good Granny because she found that little thing! It's a good thing because I was already a little sad that I wouldn't see him at his first derby dinner experience, then sad that I missed losing the first tooth experience and I would have been really sad if I didn't have that first baby tooth.

Well the tooth fairy has it I mean. :) Speaking of that....do you want to know what my child said this morning when he found his money!?!? "Guess what Mom? The tooth fairy only left me a dollar!" Really, Really Braden?!!! Not, "look mom, the tooth fairy came!" or "wow mom, the fairy left me a dollar!" Nope, only my child would complain about the amount. I'm pretty sure the going rate when I was a kid was a quarter....Kids these days!! :)




3 comments:

Dan and Denise said...

I can't believe he is losing teeth at 4! Wow! That was really sweet of your grandma to find it for you.

the lewis gang said...

hilarious! i can just picture them crawling on the floor in the dark! what a riot!! he just can't be that big yet, tracy!!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is pretty crazy! Sam is itching to lose a tooth. The dentist said that the 6 yr old molars usually start pushing on them which makes the others lose. we'll see.