Friday, July 6, 2012

California

Please excuse the picture overload but not sure how to go on a fabulous trip and not include all of the pictures. :)  Last week my dad, brother Jim and his two kids Alissa & Dylan and my family flew to California for "Toadfest 2012" (my family calls themselves the toads....just an old funny story but it stuck). My aunt hosts a 4th of July family reunion each year and this year we finally got to join all the California folk. :)  It was a fabulous trip full of fun and memories. I hope we get to go again soon rather than later. :) Thanks to ALL my family for such a fun, fun trip and for putting up with us Indiana hillbillies. :)
In our Indianapolis hotel the morning of our flight-they were excited!

 They loved watching the planes
 They got pretty good at pulling their own suitcases too....good thing becasue we were out of hands!
 Here we go! Braden's 2nd flight (although he doesn't remember and Ethan's first).

 A little of this....
 and thankfully a little of this :)
 We got to my aunt's house late the first night so these are pics on day 2.  My aunt just built a beautiful house on their lake and property.  It was seriously breathtaking!!!
 We cruised around on the gator to check out the land
 They own a huge walnut farm on their property-pretty neat to see. :)
 Their lake
 Her new house....I could live here!! :)
 The beach area was perfect for the boys...lots of swimming, flipping on rafts and playing with the dogs. AND it wasn't 105 degrees! :)
 The house from the water....so pretty!
 Handsome boys
 Us Indiana toads had zero water sport skills compared to all the California cousins, and uncles....sheesh! It was embarrasing. ha!  But we did give it our best shot.  Here is my brother trying surfing for the first time-he did great!
 My dad with his brother, Barry
 Uncle Barry showing us all up on the wakeboard
My cousin Brooks
My cousin Kathleen-seriously...everyone was good!
 Dad and Ethan getting some cuddle time :)
 My cousin Alyce-the girls were unbelievable!

 Alissa, Kathleen and Brooks
 Eric is amazing on the wakeboard...I could watch his "tricks" all day
 Hanging on the beach
 Braden was in Heaven with all the pets.  He wore them out! He and Gracie had some good swims.
 The whole family...minus just a couple cousins that couldn't make it
My Dad with his siblings-they are all so fun!
 Dad and his siblings with their kids...if that makes sense.
 Alyce playing with Ethan....He loved showing off
 Now for a few Indiana potential wakeboarders...ha! Like I said, just embarrasing compared to everyone else. ha! But it was fun!  Here's me and Chris


 For the last two days we made our way back down south to see San Francisco and Napa Valley.  The sea lions were few and far between at Pier 39 compared to previous years.
 Braden was intrigued with Alcatrez learning that it was a jail long ago. :)

 Dylan rode the big carousel with the boys at the Pier.
 The guys on the street in San Francisco trying to make a buck were cracking me up! Any act you could think of works...this guy just danced a little and probably makes more money than we do. ha!
 We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.  The boys loved seeing all the animals...but this one gave them a bit of a scare.
We had to get some chocolate at Ghiradelli Square. Yum!
 On our last full day, my aunt Jeannie was sweet enough to watch the boys so we could hit Napa Valley by ourselves.  What a great way to end the trip.  Thanks Jeannie!!!!!
 We went to a castle, Castello di Amorosa for our wine tasting.  It was beeaauutiiful!!!  So fun!
 Yummy!
 The views were spectatculor...these pictures don't do it justice.  Just to see the vineyards, the castle and the mountains all around...wowie wow!  You don't see that in Indiana. :)

 Last morning before we left for the aiport...some wrestling with Papa Scott and a few more hugs for the dogs. :) 
We love you California family and can't wait to come back (if you'll take us). :)

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

So fun!! We've been to the west coast several times since Daniel's brother lives there. I love it there!! It is so different from here!! Love your pics! :)

the lewis gang said...

what a great trip you had!!! you are cracking me up with the wakeboarding skill talk. if you were embarrased, i'd be ashamed!!! :) so glad you got to spend some wonderful time with your family!!!