Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Braden's first day of kindergarten!

Finally I get to blog. :) Our stinky Internet has been down and I'm losing my mind with no Internet. hee hee!  Braden's first day of school was Monday at Grant Line.  I knew this day would be hard for me but honestly I didn't anticipate it to be as hard as it was. :(  My sad day was Sunday, the day before, as reality hit me. I cried when I made his lunch, I cried when I got out his outfit, I cried getting the backpack out....OH MY!! Chris thought I was a little nuts and I'd have to agree. :)

The thing is...he's my first, my baby and I've been home with him for 5 years. Now he's gone all day everyday. It really is a hard thing for us mommies. My emotions were all over like being scared that I haven't taught him enough (academically or even with manners or how to wipe his booty properly. ha! I mean the list is endless). Then it's just how much I'll miss him and I'm used to him doing everything with me and doing everything for him! Plus, will he embarrass me? :)  Will he listen to his teacher, be nice to others, remember to bring his lunchbox home (all the importants right?).  This is such a HUGE change and it was hard on me.  Now come Monday, it was a whirlwind so I didn't have to time to get emotional. We were up, dressed and out the door before any of us were really awake. :) Plus I had a "Boo hoo/yahoo" breakfast back at my house for other Grant Line mommies leaving their kindergarterner for the first time. It was a great distraction.
Chris said, "wait, we have to get your picture making his first lunch." ahhhh, the joys of a blogger husband. :) Good work babe!

 The first lunch...with a note from Mom and Dad of course. :)
 Uh....do you think I was ready for the morning? :)
 Rise and shine my big kindergartner!!  He wasn't quite ready to be up yet.

 Trying to be all good mom and all, I thought "Oh peanut butter on toast would be filling and some good protein." Of course he complained and wanted cereal instead. ha!
 Then the paparazzi had to take several shots....don't worry-I only included 1/3 of them. ha!


 Poor Ethan, always tagging along with his "Bubby."  He's such a good supporter. :)
 Daddy came for the first day drop off too!
 Mrs. Schneider, his teacher that I have dreamt about! No not really, but she is the best and I'm thrilled he has her. :)
 Cousin Izzie is in the class next door.  Didn't we just have these babies Laura? :(
 A quick pic with Mommy (who by the way is apparently wearing a "Halloween shirt??" Braden asked why I was wearing a Halloween shirt for his first day! ha! And so the embarrassment of Mom's clothes begins.
He waved to me the whole time his line walked away.  Talk about trying to make a momma cry. "DON'T GOOOO!!!! :)
* So just for an update since day 3 is now over...Braden is loving it but is beyond exhausted when he gets home! I mean pooped, dramatic, cries, mean to Ethan-the works!  Hopefully we can make it through the week and rest up some on the weekend. Shooowee!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am so glad he's doing well! It IS so hard! Someone else influencing them! That's hard for me. I feel like I shelter mine and I want it to stay like that! :) Love his lunch and the peanut butter toast! So cute! St. Paul had a Boowoo/woohoo breakfast. FUN! I love his teacher too. SOO sweet! :)

the lewis gang said...

what a fun day! i love the boohoo/yahoo breakfast! fun idea!! i am so glad he is enjoying it. all those mommy worries are completely normal! it's so hard to let the little boogers go! allison is great! i know her from the y. i know he will just have a stellar year!!

jeana said...

awe.. so sweet, tracy. makes me sad mine have grown so fast!! glad he's doing so well! btw... i'm still laughing at all the funny things said last night. jennifer told me you guys might be scared i'll quit :) had such a fun time. you guys are great and feel so blessed to be with yall. ;)