Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our anniversary date night

Yesterday after Melissa's party we left the kids with my Mom and headed to Bloomington to celebrate our anniversary. Our anniversary is the 28th, Tuesday but this was a good opportunity to do an overnight with childcare. Woohoo!  We had the best time! Anytime you can get away and relax without kiddos is just good for you, right? :) 
 
We got a hotel right in the heart of kirkwood and campus so we could just walk around and see everything. It's changed so much since I went there (can we say I'm getting old?!?!) so it was fun to see the new shops and restaurants. We had dinner at Malibu Grill (yummy!!) then hit the shops, people watched, grabbed dessert and just enjoyed our alone time. :) Then this morning grabbed a huge breakfast at my old favorite, Village Deli, vegged around and went and got the kids from my mom.  Just a perfect little getaway. 8 years and going strong!! :) Thanks Mom for keeping the rugrats.
We got one picture. I was a little embarrased asking college kids to take our picture (which by the way they look 12!!) so I only asked for one. I kept wondering if I looked like an old mom or if I could pass for a student. ha! I'm pretty sure I know the answer. :)

And a few oldies from our wedding.  I'm pretty sure we look a bit younger, and rested in these. ha!  Happy 8th anniversary Babe!  Love you bunches and so grateful for my perfect little family that God blessed me with!


2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Those are great!! So, so funny about you not wanting to ask for a picture and hilarious that they took 12! ha ha!!! I saw you went to Nick's! Jealous!! I hope we make it up there this fall!

the lewis gang said...

you don't look like you've aged a day!! now chris on the otherhand... :)

happy anniversary!