Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mexico!


 I still can't believe it happened, but Chris and I managed to pull of a one week vacation by ourselves!  I get these ridiculously cheap vacation deals all the time in my inbox but know we can't take off work or find childcare for a long period of time.  Well somehow someway, this trip landed on fall break and sweet Heidi (my sis n law) was willing and happy to keep my boys for the week.  It was crazy but off we went!  We had the BEST time! It was full of just relaxation, eating, more relaxing and spending uninterrupted time together.  I really really missed my boys and decided 7 nights is a bit too long to be away from them, but I also know that this time was great for Chris and me.  Thank you SOOO much for Heidi and John helping us out during the week and my mom for the weekend. We definitely couldn't have done it without you!!
Views from the beach 


Pool views...there were so many pools and they were all so nice! 
These "coatis" were everywhere!  cute and harmless 
Pretty walkways connecting pools and beach 
Chris loved carrying my pool bag. ha! 
The pools were beautiful and had swim up bars. 




There were cabanas everywhere and lots of places to lay out and relax.  This place was over the top nice!  Such detail to landscaping and architecture. 
There was wildlife everywhere...lots of iguanas, coatis and salamanders.  This guy was trying to eat a banana. 
There was always something to do poolside...this was me doing aqua aerobics one morning 

View into our room. There was a huge living room, bedroom and bathroom with huge jacuzzi tub and giant shower.  It was very roomy and nice! 

Lots of time just chillin' with a drink and a book....so relaxing!!!! 

ha!  We took this for Braden. This was in a dance club 
Another pool game...Chris throwing a football through a tire...he got his first one in and made it to the finals 
Mexican restaurant....we couldn't sit any closer together because of our big hats. ha! 
The dinners were super yummy!! 




 This is by our lobby where we could get our free wifi. This is where I sat everyday texting the boys. :) 
I had to take a picture of this because I literally ate 10 plates of nachos!!! I couldn't get enough of their fresh salsa!!

More yummy dinner pics
Oh Mexico...how I love thee!!!!   I am so grateful that we were able to do this.  Blessed!!!!!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is so awesome that you two were able to get away! Daniel and I felt so refreshed after 2 nights in Nashville over the summer. I can't imagine a week!! HOW FUN!!!!

the lewis gang said...

what a great week for you two! it looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!! and you are looking hot in your two piece, momma!! :)