Monday, October 13, 2008

Cheap Entertainment for the Whole Family :)





Tonight I made my first batch of homemade playdough. I decided to make some pumpkin pie playdough so it would smell extra good (and probably entice Braden to eat it-oh no!). It turned out perfectly. I saved some for home so WE could play with it, and the rest I'll take to preschool. Chris and I definitely had more fun playing with it than Braden did. :)
Here is the recipe if any of you Super Moms want to try it:
Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 cup oil
1 (1 1/12 ounces) container pumpkin pie spice
Orange food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
4 cups water
Mix all of the ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear. Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i've made this before. i LOVE the way it smells!!

Blessed Momma said...

What a neat idea... I'll def have to try making it.