Friday, October 3, 2008

My new toy!









As many of you know, Chris thought for my birthday I should get a good camera. :) We have a nice little digital camera that you can throw in the diaper bag, but he thought it would be fun if I got a nice, SLR camera. So after a few days of calling around to people that actually know something about photography, I decided on one and I love it! This morning was the first time I got to play around with it. Since I know absolutely nothing about these kind of cameras, it is nice to use the auto focus until I have time to read and study the camera manual (more like the Bible) that came with it. So this morning, I was just enjoying moving the big 'ole lens out and snapping a shot (I sound like a professional don't I?-ha ha!). I love how you can zoooooooooooom all the way in and get right in their face...so much that you can see Braden's cereal bar still on his face from breakfast! Anyways, I am going to have a ball with this camera. I don't have a clue what I'm doing right now, or how to use it beyond the "auto" function, but it's going to be fun! Now, if I can just find a subject to photograph...hmmmmmmm. :)