Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicago

Chris and I were able to have a little getaway the past few days in Chicago. Thank you to all of the grandparents that helped out with our wild man. I'm sure it was exhausting so we appreciate it! :) Chris and I had a great time! It was the perfect amount of time to get away and see everything we wanted to see. We got to do all of the tourist attractions and catch a Cubs game last night. I have never walked so much pregnant in my life!! Chris' pedometer was maxed out last night so we are not even sure how far we walked, but before it stopped, we had walked 18 miles in two days!! That's a lot of walking on my hot, swollen feet-ha! Not that I don't need the exercise but I was pretty close to needing a wheelchair when I hit the bed each night.

As much as I loved Chicago, I was definitely ready to get home and see my little guy. I was also ready to be home where you can drive your car from point A to point B and park!! I'm not sure how these big city people do it!?!?! I cannot imagine going everywhere on the bus and train on a daily basis. There is nowhere to park and if you do find a place, it's like $25-45 to leave your car for a bit. I kept imagining myself getting on the subway every morning in my teacher clothes, carrying my school bag, a crate of books and some treat I had baked for a special theme that day and riding stop to stop. How do people do it? I love the big cities, but I would rather just visit them, enjoy them, and come back to my little town where I can drive myself everywhere and not sit in traffic. :) Good 'ole Sellersburg!!!

Chris had to eat at the Billy Goat Tavern as soon as we arrived. It's part of a Cubs legend for you non-baseball fans. :)

Our hotel was just down from the river...so pretty!

Millennium park-I made poor Chris pose in front of all of the fun landmarks. He loved it!

Could we be any cheesier? Yep, that's us taking our own picture into the glass!

We went to the Taste of Chicago for a bit but we were squished sardines in there and literally could not move! We love to eat...but there are limits (believe it or not).

Oh yes, more cheesiness! This was on the Navy Pier.

Does this need a caption? Go Cubs!

We had fabulous seats. I was so glad Chris helped me pick them out because I had no clue. It wasn't too hot and the sun was on the other side....a perfect, exciting game for me!

Oh, you didn't know Eric Estrada and I were best friends? Oh yeah...we go way back! Ha! He was the lucky guy that got to throw out the first pitch last night so Chris made me get my picture with him. Don't you just love how we're cheek to cheek-what a hoot! He was SO nice and talked to me for a bit about the baby. He said it looked like I was having a "nice, big healthy boy!" Even Eric Estrada knows about the extra weight gain-sheesh!!

On our way home today, we stopped in Merriville and had lunch with my college girlfriend Anne, her husband, and little girl, Ella. We also got to see some other friends while in Chicago, The Nunnelly's but we didn't get a picture. :( Bummer. Anyways, Chicago was a blast but I'm glad to be home.

1 comment:

the lewis gang said...

great pictures! now you are making me want to go back and do more! like you, i was way preggo. and we watched a day game so we didn't have much time to walk and hang out during the game. glad you had a nice getaway before (insert baby's name here...ethan????) comes. see you saturday and hopefully friday night too!