Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surprise, surprise!

Guess what? We may be having the baby tomorrow!!! Yes, a little bit of a surprise for us. I went in for my scheduled ultrasound and according to the measurements, they are saying he weighs 9 lbs. and 3 ounces!!! HOLY COW!!! Well of course they always say they can be off 1 lb. or so either way, so this could not be completely accurate. I do remember though they said Braden should weigh about 7 1/2 pounds 2 days before I delivered and he was 9-1, so hopefully they are not way off in that way!
Anyways, we had lengthy discussions with the doctor about options etc...and she did not think I was going to be able to wait much longer and deliver the baby naturally. So the plan is, I'm having an amnio tomorrow at noon. This is to make sure the baby's lungs are fully developed. So of course I have read everything on the internet about these but I feel fairly ok that it is pretty safe at this point in the pregnancy. Sometimes they send you into labor which is pretty much what is going to happen anyways. So if the lungs come back developed, they are admitting me right then for induction. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm slightly panicked at all of this news of course. I'm trying to clean the whole house, spend time with Braden, and stay calm (ha!).
I will know around 2ish tomorrow if they are going to induce so we will see. :) In the meantime, I would love your prayers for everything to go well and that the doctors are making the right decisions for our baby. :)
On another note, we finally named him last night....unless Chris changes his mind last minute, it will be Ethan Christopher!!

6 comments:

the lewis gang said...

yea!!!!!! we can't wait to meet ethan! please keep me updated! you are in our thoughts and prayers as you plan for your newest blessing!

Betsy said...

WOW, that is crazy. We will be praying for you guys. I'm being induced at 37 weeks and they say everything should be developed fully by then. I'm sure everything will be good for you and Ethan also! Sending lots of love!

By the way, tomorrow is a GREAT day to be born. It's my birthday! :-)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yeah!!! we will be praying!! i can't wait to hear!!! keep us posted!! :)

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

The McKim Family said...

HOLY COW!!!! That is crazy! We will definitely be praying for you guys. Good luck and know it's all in Gods hands which is the best place to be!
Can't wait to meet Ethan!

Dan and Denise said...

So exciting!! Best wishes to you all!!