Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moments to remember

When I was little my dad would tuck me in and tell me these big elaborate make believe stories about being chased in the woods by bears, deer, raccoons, you name it and how they became his friends and so forth. He would then show me a boo boo on his hand and tell me that's where the deer bit him. :) I loved these stories!! Even when I got older and had slumber parties at his house, he would still tell my friends and I these crazy stories and we would love it even though we acted too old for them. Well I've started this same idea with Braden each night. Not deer and bears chasing me but stories with he and his friends, or Buzz Lightyear, or Pinocchio (he saw this movie recently), whatever he's into that day. I use them as a teaching lesson to and describe how "Buzz" didn't share his toys etc... Braden is eating these stories up! It's the only time I have his full, undivided attention. He doesn't move a muscle and stares right into my eyes and listens to every word. I am loving these sweet moments together and I don't want to forget them.

No comments: