Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Swim Lesson

Braden started swim lessons tonight at the Y. I had every intention of getting him in a pool at least once before swim lessons just because it's been a year since he's been in water and I knew he'd be hesitant. I also knew he wouldn't like me leaving him in the room by himself. After all, besides his church class he's always with me. Well it started out like I predicted it would...he whined, even cried and didn't want to do it or me to leave him alone. So I sat with him for a bit and it didn't take him too long to start having fun and wanting to participate so I eased out. I was actually very proud of him! It's a class of 3-5 year olds and it was very obvious everyone else had been in swim lessons before and the teacher knew a lot of their names already. I think he'll be excited for the next class now that he knows it's safe and fun.

You can tell he's nervous here because it definitely wasn't cold based on how he's standing. It was a sauna in there!!!!

Swimming across with Ms. Emily

Daddy & Ethan watching through the glass

This is what I mean about a sauna..poor Ethan was sweating!

He loved this part...She would whip them around really fast on this floaty.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All done! Good job buddy! Mommy & Daddy are very proud of you!!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

oh my! i feel OLD. that life guard is a former student of mine! geesh!

Dan and Denise said...

Gabriel did that swim class last summer. He really liked it and did really well with it. I am looking forward to signing him up again. Let me know when you sign Braden up for the next session. Maybe we could get the boys in the same class.