Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day...and week really! :) Chris and I had our Valentine's night on Monday the 13th. This is SO funny and SO us so I have to share. I planned something this year and told him it was a surprise. So we got in the car, I drove and we headed into Louisville. I was taking him to Clifton's Pizza...nothing fancy, but where we had our first date 9 years ago. :) We pulled in and guess what? Closed on Mondays! Ha! We were just cracking up! You'd think I would have checked that....but it was funny and so us! So we ended up grabbing dinner nearby at The Irish Rover and it was yummy and greasy-just our style. :)



So back to Valentine's....there was a 2hour delay due to snow which means there is no preschool for us. Chris was home for the delay, we were off and the boys were dying to get in the first snowfall of the year. It was a perfect morning!


( Hold on...Back up a day)...Braden and I made little Valentine treats for his teachers. :)


Valentine morning...since we weren't rushing out the door, Chris got up and went and bought the boys their favorite breakfast food-donuts! Or "Donos" as Ethan says. :)



Time for a few Valentine goodies!


I love watching their reactions...that's the fun part for us moms!




Ethan and Daddy shared his new microphone


Then it was off to get ready for snow! Getting dressed for snow play...now that's a workout! We had two snowsuits from last year...both size 5/6. I knew it would be small on Braden and big on Ethan but we managed to put them both in one and they worked! My 5 and 2 year old in the same size snowsuit. :)
Braden went right to the ground to make a snow angel.



Ethan looked around in amazement for a bit....


Bundled up handsome boys!



Then Chris got out the sled...not many hills around us but they love being pulled on it around the yard. ha!

Ethan loved the snow this year!!







And then it was more fun to fall off!


Time to build "Snowy!"




Ethan helped shovel


Our finished "Snowy."


Back to the sled...then they rode like this! I'm shocked Braden let Ethan ride on him like this. :)


Later that night we had a yummy heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys and Valentine treats! It was a perfect Valentine's spent with my loves!!


The next day we were back to school and had our Valentine parties. Chris left school for a bit so he could come up and celebrate with Braden. Braden was SOOOO excited he was there. It was pretty cute I must say!!

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

you guys got in some good play time in the snow!! we still haven't gone out yet. i can't believe ethan and braden were in the same size snowsuit! that's sooo crazy!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

You guys are so darn cute! I love that you two always try to surprise each other! My boys wear the same size hat! ha ha!