Friday, February 3, 2012

New Kitchen!!!!!

So all last summer I was on a big moving kick. I had every house for sale in Clark and Floyd County memorized! After I wore Chris out with talking about it, he finally just told me it wasn't the time to be moving financially. So...what's a girl to do?! :) I said if we are staying, this kitchen needs a makeover! So the day after Christmas we started a complete renovation! The only thing that stayed was the cabinets and those were painted. I must say, my hubby with the help of his buddies and family did an awesome, awesome job!! It doesn't even look like the same kitchen. I LOOOOOOOOVVVEEE it and it just inspires me to cook. Thanks to all that gave us a hand and a big thanks to my babe for ALL of your hard work for a month! It looks fabulous!!! So onto pics....so you'd think being a blogger I'd have a ton. :( What a bummer but I did not do a good job of capturing this project at all. I have a few....the before picture was just a random picture I had taken and I am so embarrassed to even post it because the kitchen was a complete disaster but it will have to do. :)


A before shot...uhhh, could there be any more crap on the counters! I can't take it!


This is after we had moved the refrigerator to the other wall and already primered the cabinets...again, bad picture taker. Chris was starting our new crown molding.


Craig helped him take out the old counters


We started getting our new appliances...this was a story in itself. We ended up with 2 different stoves and 4 microwaves!! They kept coming with dents in them so we'd have to re order. Oh my! We finally have a set that is perfect. Here I had just a stove so I whipped up some soup before the stove would be moved...again. :) I basically couldn't cook for over a month. Oh and we sold our ten year old white appliances for $800 on craigslist! We were pumped!!


Cindy helped clean up the mess while the boys moved cabinets out


Jason, Nick, Matt & Chris started early on the floor one Sunday morning. They were awesome and got it all laid by the afternoon!


We also put new hardwood in the foyer. Nick was the hardwood laying expert. :)


The new beautiful floor!! It's hickory so has a lot of character to it. We love it!!! Then we stained and used polyurethane. That took several days of applying, drying and applying again.


Chris and I put the backsplash up ourselves. It took us 8 hours!! I was one tired girl!


Braden took this. :)


So here are some finished pictures. We painted the cabinets, got new granite countertops, new stainless steel appliances, added crown molding to top of cabinets and top of walls, added backsplash, new lights on top of cabinets, under cabinets and new pendant lights. We added a bar area with new cabinet storage underneath.

New bar area-Gave us more counter space, more storage, new lights above and just opened up the kitchen. This is where the fridge was before.



This picture doesn't really do the floor justice. The floor is just beautiful! You'll have to come over and see. :)


Picture of counters with new backsplash. I love our new colors! I based all my colors off of the backsplash. :) That is what I picked out first and knew I wanted to work with grayish/blues and blacks. :)


Our new sink and faucet. The sink is huge!


Another view.


Finally, we painted our table black with some help from Chris' parents (they are like professional painters :). This is my table from college that cost $199 and it's still holding up! What a bargain on that one. :)

* So there you have it...a major kitchen makeover. :) Love it, love it love it and I smile every time I see it. :)

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HOLY COW TRACY!! That looks GREAT!!!! I was getting tired just reading! I know you guys have worked so hard and it paid off!! :)

the lewis gang said...

that does look great! that backsplash is awesome! i love how it all came together!

Blessed Momma said...

Kitchen looks impressive! You guys really did a complete overhaul! Very nice!

Amy said...

Wow you guys really did some work! It looks awesome! :)