Friday, March 30, 2012

Lego Fest

We sure are lucky! Last week I entered a contest on Louisville Family Fun's site on facebook for a family getaway to Cincinnati. I entered not thinking too much and guess what??! We won!! A really fabulous package actually! We got 4 tickets to Lego Fest (an $80 value), a night's stay at Embassy Suites (which is a lot I'm guessing), a $20 gas gift card and 4 tickets to the Children's Museum. I was SOOOOO excited! It was for spring break week and we were already heading to Cincinnati anyways so I just cancelled our other plans. It worked out perfectly! It ended up being the best two days! The kids were great and had so much fun at both places. I just love, love sitting and watching my boys so involved in play (because that sure doesn't happen around this house a whole lot. ha!).

There were tons of huge lego sculptures from famous characters to this guy...my boys just started stopping at each one and posing for a picture. :) They know their mom!

LEGO LAND!!!!! :)
Handsome boys :)
They played in this area forever! You will build your own race car (or snatch someone else's if you're Ethan) and race it down the ramp.
How cool is this?!!? We did this! ha....just kidding of course but man oh man, there are some serious lego builders out there! :)
Crack me up! They had a demonstration area for this vacuum that picked up legos. My boys loved it and had to give it a try.
They had a lego reading area. Gotta love Ethan's big cheese!
Good work boys!
Ethan pretty much just enjoyed walking on the bazillions of legos!
It was a super dooper fun day!! I'll have to blog day two later. :)

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

So fun! How awesome that you WON tickets! :)

Dan and Denise said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to go next time!

the lewis gang said...

those legos "sculptures" are amazing! how talented. winning a weekend trip is icing on the cake to it being fun to begin with!