Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just hangin' at home

Lately I just LOVE having days where we don't have to be anywhere!!!  I can't believe how busy life can be sometimes...would love to figure out that balance of on the go and home.  So today was a day Ethan and I were home all day (besides a little Y time) and then after school Braden hung out with us.  We got out games, puzzles, legos and made our thankful tree.  Poor Ethan was sick yesterday so he's been extra snuggly and wanting to just hang. I guess he got the stomach bug that Braden got. :( It was sad because he threw up for the first time ever and was screaming from his bed. I ran in there and he said, "mommy, my bed, my pillow, my jammies." He was so concerned with the pukies on his stuff.  Poor baby.  Anywhoo, on to our hangin' at home pictures. :)
Braden got a new lego set from Gma Cindy last night and of course he whipped it out in no time. He's a Lego pro these days! 
Ethan and I did this floor puzzle. He liked being as big as it. ha!
He was proud of his pattern block pictures. Love that sweet smile! 
I saw a friend on facebook made this thankful tree for November. The kids write one thing they're thankful for each day until Thanksgiving. I thought it was a great idea and an easy way to remember how blessed we are so we did this today too.  Braden wrote "food" for his first leaf and then I asked Ethan. I figured he'd say "pontoon" (which is his answer for everything b/c he loves that song), or I thought he'd say "poopy butt" or something gross that he's not supposed to say. ha! But he said, "My family!" I didn't even think he knew what in the world we were doing but I guess he did. It was super sweet.  I sure am thankful for my boys and my perfect little family. :)