Sunday, May 3, 2009

BIG boy bed!

After two days last week of Braden crawling out of his crib for his naps and bedtime, we thought it was probably a good sign that our GIGANTIC child needed his big boy bed. Honestly, I am surprised we made it this long! He could have been crawling out a year ago as tall as he is. I was curious how Braden would handle the new bed so I let him play on it the whole day before with his new sports sheets. He seemed very excited, but somehow that changed when the lights went out for bedtime (duh!). He was scared and needless to say my pregnant behind squeezed in beside him for night 1 until he fell asleep. On night 2, Chris stayed in the room on the floor until he zonked out. By night 3 he had it! Shwooo!! What a relief. He has now taken two naps and went to bed 2 nights on his own with no problem. He has slept both mornings until 8:00 and has called for us to come get him ("Mommy Up"). I'm crossing my fingers that potty training goes as smoothly. Ha ha ha!

Taking down the crib with Braden's inspection on hand

Moving the twin bed into his room

Checking things out

Lights out. :)

3 comments:

the lewis gang said...

yea! i'm so glad it has gotten better! way to go, braden! i'll be in the potty training drenches with you!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

keep going buddy!!

ame said...

So big! You know I am totally in denial about the whole big boy bed. Max hasn't climbed out, but I guess we'll move him when school is out....and we start on the potty. Yikes! I can see you and me at the zoo together this summer with 10 changes of clothes for the boys!