Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Potty (lack of) Training"



Today was Day 1 of potty training and I'll give it about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. :) Let's just say, I would love to choke Dr. Phil and all of these people that have potty training in a day literature! Really?!??! Seriously, because we must need the potty training for dummies version because we are nowhere close to being trained. Ha! Braden was willing to sit on the potty for long periods of time which was a plus, but he just couldn't manage to go while he was on. After sitting for 20ish minutes each time, he would then pee within 5 minutes of getting up and having undies on. :) I tried to put him on every 30 minutes, offered lots of drinks, rewards, you name it...Do you see Barney wearing underwear? I tried it all today. So needless to say, I spent most of the day washing underwear and cleaning up the floor. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I'm hoping we have a little success. He did go one time on the potty (while watching Cars of course) but he had flipped off the little penis guard when I wasn't watching so it just went on the floor in front of him. Poor little guy...we'll keep trying. If any of you expert mommies have advice, please help. :)

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

poor thing!! my advice would be to take him outside and stay there.....all day!! that way you don't have such a mess to clean up!! i wanted to cry the first day or two.....i was tired, pregnant, and cranky!!! i feel your pain!! :)

on a side note, i remember calling daniel around 10:30 the second day and telling him that he needed to come home for lunch.....NOW!! i couldn't take it any longer and i needed a break!! hang in there!!

the lewis gang said...

get it all straightened out in the next month or so because once jackson is cleared after his surgery, it's our turn. i'll be coming to you!!!

Dan and Denise said...

I feel your pain, Sister! Potty training is SO frustrating. I tried the diapers to underwear thing too, but after two days of cleaning clothes and the floor, I bought a package of pull-ups. I know that they slowed the potty training process, but I couldn't take the mess, the stress, and frustration for him and me. Hang in there!

ame said...

I am totally cracking up over the Barney in underwear. We have an Elmo in underpants complete with his own sippy cup and potty. Guess we'll be using him in the next few days, along with the Elmo potty book that makes real flushing sounds. :)