Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do the potty dance!! :)

Braden has shocked me again! I really thought his potty training business was going to give me gray hair and take forever!!! I am pleased to announce that Braden had ZERO accidents today and told us he had to go potty every single time!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! He basically had it after his nap yesterday. It was becoming quite the fight to put him on every 30 minutes, so I finally just kind of let it go to see what would happen and to my surprise he told me each time he had to go.

This morning I had my last Bible study and debated whether I should go, but then just thought I'd put him in a pull-up and see what happened. He thinks the pull ups are just another pair of underwear and he stayed dry the whole time (2 1/2 hours)! Now that we have this part down pat, at least around the house, I'm wondering how I will go anywhere. He goes on his little potty so I'm not sure what to do when we're at like Target and he has to go???? I guess I need to start getting him to use the big potty too. Not sure? Any thoughts on that one? Also, he still hasn't pooped on the potty. He didn't even go today which tells me he is probably holding it..then again he never went in the pull up at church like I thought he might. Hmmm...the mysteries of potty training. :0 Anyways, I'm super thrilled!! He definitely has the pottying part down and did it in just a few days.

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YEAH!!! i am happy for you! i took the potty in the back of the explorer a couple of times just in case i needed it...ha ha!!! i used it a couple of times at first in the parking lot (with it sitting in the back of the explorer) before we went into stores which i am sure was just hilarious!! then i had sam start peeing a the tire before we went in which he loved!!

i did the same thing last summer when we were going to a bats game one time. i said "heck with it, i need a break" i stuck a pull-up on him and away we went. i didn't want to stay home any longer. he stayed dry the whole game. i never even asked if he had to go...i was SHOCKED!! hang in there! it will be over soon!! it will be so nice to have this behind you once the baby is here!

the lewis gang said...

wow! will you come over and train jackson in a couple of weeks? i told jackson there were pics of braden going potty on the blog. of course he wanted to see them. so now he knows braden is a big boy! we keep talking it up and he seems excited about it, but i just have a bad feeling about this. jackson can be so hard headed! keep going, braden! you are making your mommy so happy!

The Gross Family said...

YEAH BRADEN!!! Way to go!! I am sure the pooping will come. Hang in there!

Dan and Denise said...

WOW!!! You guys are awesome! Congrats!

We took our little potty seat in the car a lot of the time. I would let Gabriel pee before we went into stores. I also bought a potty seat that I could take with me. It's a little big for a diaper bag, so I carried it in a plastic shopping bag. I know, DORK! Anyhow, I could put it on any public toilet seat and feel better about him trying to potty on a public toilet. Now, Gabriel is tall enough that he can stand and still "reach" the toilet. He's no longer a "sitter."

Good luck . . . you guys are well on your way to being diaper-free!