Sunday, August 30, 2009

5 Years!

On Friday, Chris and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. :) Being that I'm slightly pregnant, we decided to keep it pretty low key this year. The romance started with Braden and I surprising Chris with Subway for lunch at Scribner....very romantic-ha! Then Friday night, Braden had an overnight with Grandma Cindy and Pop so that we could get out alone together, which was nice. We went over to PF Changs and ate until we were miserable! Then we continued the romance with a trip to Target and Best Buy followed up with stuffing ourselves more when we got home with cookie cake. Isn't it funny how date nights change as we get older? It was nice though shopping without hearing, "I want that..." at least it wasn't coming from Braden, just me. :) As Chris likes to joke each anniversary, "we are beating the odds" I guess meaning most marriages end before 5 years. What optimism!!! :) On a serious note, I can't imagine being married to a better husband and dad. We sure do make a great team. Love you Babe!

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

i knew it was coming up soon! happy anniversary! glad you got some husband-wife time!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

7 years is the average. daniel and i tease that we are now making that average go up since we made it past that!! :)

happy anniversary!!