Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our first boating trip

After what felt like a long wait, we finally got to take our boat out tonight. Sunday and Monday the license branches were closed so we had to wait to get our registration junk done yesterday so we were more than excited to go today! It was perfect weather and we had so much fun. Braden loved going fast again (thankfully) and even enjoyed being in in the water and jumping off the back. However, the biggest highlight of my day was when Braden said he had to go potty while we were on the boat. Chris stood him up off the back deck and he peed in the water like a big boy! Until this point, he wanted no part of peeing standing up so I was ecstatic that he went. Then, he went again standing up in the parking lot, and once more before bed! Woohoo! I'm hoping this means I can ditch the potty seat because I'm over cleaning that thing out. :) On another fun note, I actually backed the trailer down, parked it, got it from the lot, and retrieved the boat all without hitting anyone or anything! Pretty impressive for my first time with no practice...I have skills!!! Ha!


Braden wanted to drive every chance he could


Splashing Daddy was super fun!


Taking a little rest...with one leg up!

Cute little ducks. Braden had fun throwing them part of his dinner. :)


Peeing off the swim deck. Hee hee!

3 comments:

the lewis gang said...

yea! it was a perfect day for it...not a cloud in the sky! i wish we could go with you guys friday. please ask us again soon. and i hope he is ready to pee standing up. when jackson started doing that it made life so much easier! he now loves to pee everywhere. we were on the interstate the other day and he told me to stop so he could pee on the trees. ha!

Betsy said...

I wish I could talk Mark into a boat! Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Gross Family said...

Looks like you had a great time! Wish we could have joined you! I love the pic of Braden going potty. Looks like the one I took of Tyler last weekend! Gotta love boys!!