Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Braden!

Today my baby is 3 years old! It is absolutely crazy how fast it all goes. I used to think people were so silly saying "they grow up so fast" when they have 18 plus years with their kid...well that was of course was before I was a mom. It does go way too fast and although I love every new stage they go through, I feel sad thinking about when they were younger and how it's gone forever. Tear :( I guess that's what home videos and the one million pictures I take are for....remembering every cute little stage of their lives.

Braden,
You sure make your daddy and I laugh! You are in a stage where everything that comes out of your mouth makes us smile. Maybe it's the way you say everything (a little southern, drawn out, with missing syllables) or maybe it's the volume you talk at (very LOUD), or maybe it's because every little thing you say seems so clever, so smart, and full of expression. Whatever it is, you make your daddy and I grin ear to ear watching you learn and grow.

We are so proud of you! You are such a good big brother to Ethan. When he came home and totally changed the way home was to you, it didn't even phase you. You love to get him toys, talk to him, and you always try to make him stop crying when he's sad. I know things may change when he gets a tad bigger, but for now, you love him with all of your 3 year old heart!

We are so proud of how smart you are and what a sponge you are with everything you learn. I am always amazed at how you can remember things that you haven't seen or we haven't talked about in months! I wish I had your memory. You still love letters-playing with them on the fridge, on your computer, or pointing them out in stores. You can recognize every upper and lowercase letter, you know every sound, and you can spell 3 letter words! We are most impressed with your "letters" as you call them. I LOVE that you love to learn. You love books and want us to read to you all day long, even when we are driving and can't. :) You are doing such a good job going to school with mommy each day. You are sitting the whole time at carpet time with the big kids and learning to wait your turn, listen to stories, singing songs and counting. I am so happy that you love going to "your school."

We also love that in the not so happy moments that you have your own unique, big personality that keeps your daddy and I on our toes!! You pretty much think you run the house, and on some days you do. Even on those days when I'm exhausted with asking you to follow directions multiple times and having to count to 3 to get you to do anything (in which case you yell, "don't do my numbers") I can lay down at night and know how blessed I am to have you as my son! We love you buddy!! Happy birthday!

Chris came up to preschool on his lunch and surprised Braden for his bday

Braden playing at school today

Such a big boy!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Braden......we hope you have a wonderful day!

the lewis gang said...

happy birthday, braden! when i see this i just freak out knowing that jackson's is so close! i love that picture of him and chris. so sweet!i love that thoughtful letter too. he will love reading it when he is older.

The Gross Family said...

Looks like Braden had a wonderful day. Tyler wanted to call and tell him Happy Birthday, but his mommy forgot. Oops! We were thinking of you guys though!