Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baby Crawl

On Saturday we entered Ethan into the Harvest Homecoming baby crawl contest. The description said it was for babies between 6 and 13 months of age. Saturday was literally the day before Ethan was 13 months old so I felt like we had to enter! :) I wasn't sure how technical it would be so I even had his birth certificate in my purse in case they took one look at him and said, "that baby is HUGE." ha! Well the actual "crawl" part of the race was sooooooooo short, I mean really? Crack me up! But on the other hand, most babies got so distracted by everything going on that they just sat there so maybe the short distance was good. Our crawling champ got 3rd place! He won a big ugly green ribbon that's now hanging in his room. :) Way to go Ethan!

Ethan's cheering crowd

Betsy's little girl Becca was also in the contest...Chris gave then a pep talk before the race

Almost our turn-Ethan was SOOO tired-this was right during his a.m. nap

Pop offers some strategies....

Getting ready! Is this not hilarious!?!? Look how short the track was. ha! We are in the fourth spot...you can see Chris on the left and me on the right.

My camera stopped working during the crawl for my mom, so I'll have to get the pics later off of hers. Here is Ethan at the end...he crawled for a bottle and the remote :)

Big winner! He had to drink a bottle after all of that hard work. Way to go Buddy!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is awesome!!! Way to go, Ethan!! :)