Sunday, October 10, 2010

Best birthday ever!

Who knew turning 33 (ouch) could be so fun?!?! Chris was full of surprises this birthday. :) On Thursday, my actual birthday he arranged for me to have a surprise with girlfriends. Jen & Christy picked me up and we went and got massages in Louisville which was fabulous and well needed! Then I had a few presents from Chris and the boys when I got home. On Friday my mom was coming down to watch the boys so we could have a date night. We saved my super fattening, yummy cookie cake for Friday so she could be here too. Shortly after stuffing my face with cake, Chris said, "come on, now it's time for your other surprise." I was totally confused, because I thought the surprise massage was the surprise and my bday was basically over. So we go outside and there's a limo in my street (Chris' friend Steve owns a limo) and Chris tells me to go open the door???? So I do, and out pops my dad! Ha! So my dad was supposed to be on a "blind date" and was coming down Saturday but I guess that was part of the trick. So Chris said hurry and get ready let's go. Of course I have pony tail hair, cookie cake residue, and have no clue where we're going but I went with it and hurried up. We got in and the adventure began....it was so fun because I didn't know where we were going or who we were picking up. We picked up Jen & Nick, then Jennifer, then headed over to Matt & Carrie's. Then we all went to Huber's Winery and sat outside and and enjoyed a few drinks. A teacher friend joined us there and then we all piled back in and headed to New Albany. The rest of the night included River City Winery, a little of the amphitheatre and finally some dancing at Steinert's. Several more teacher friends came out with their husbands too so it was a blast to have so many friends out for my bday. It was an awesome night and Chris really did a good job planning and surprising me. I had no clue and can't believe one of my friends didn't spill the beans. :)Thanks to my mom for watching the kiddos, thanks to Dad for coming and going out with us, and thank you SO much to everyone that could make it out and a big thanks to my wonderful hubby for putting in so much effort for my bday. Love you guys!


This is when Chris said there was another surprise outside????

This is when I first looked in and saw my dad in the limo with a beer already!! ha

Heading to Hubers....My dad was enjoying the jokes with Jennifer. hee hee

Jen & Nick

Chris & I

Oh yeah, Chris brought these GRANNY panties and said if I acted like a granny, he'd make me wear them!!! I gave them a whirl. :)

Chris was having a bit TOO much fun on the night and borrowed a guy's guitar on the street to play a completely inappropriate song!! :)

More friends join up at River City Winery

Carrie dancing with my dad :)

Uh....can we say 1 too many drinks here!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

so fun!! looks like you had a blast!! i wish we could have made it. we couldn't find a sitter. we will go out again soon!! if you'll have us after our last adventure! :) happy birthday!!!

the lewis gang said...

happy birthday!!! it looks like you had a blast! sorry we couldn't make it. it was a mix of things...i wasn't feeling well, we didn't know exact plans, i baked stuff for the chili cookoff. sounds like a fun time!!!

the lewis gang said...

happy birthday!!! it looks like you had a blast! sorry we couldn't make it. it was a mix of things...i wasn't feeling well, we didn't know exact plans, i baked stuff for the chili cookoff. sounds like a fun time!!!