Friday, October 1, 2010

Support Vigil

If you live local, well really even if you don't, you've probably heard about our friends Christy and Jason and their fight to keep their son Grayson home. It is just a terrible story and absolutely makes my heart ache for them. I won't go into all of the details here but if you're interested, you can look on facebook on "Keeping Grayson Home" which will tell you all about their story (I created the FB page by the way :). They also have been on every local newstation and even national on GMA and CBS morning shows. They are close friends of ours and it's really hard to watch what they are going through. Last night a few friends and I organized a prayer vigil at our church for them. It turned out great! I'm guessing we had about 300 supporters and it really showed a community of love and support! We had a little band, a few speakers (I had to speak for a tiny minute but actually didn't freak out or get hives-woo hoo for me!), we had petitions to sign, tshirts to give out, and collected donations. It was a very successful night!!! Much love to The Vaughns!! We love you guys and are praying hard for you and your family!!

Jason & Christy thanking everyone

Our candles lit up for Grayson

My mini speech-not sure why I look constipated in all of the pictures I've seen of myself-ha! If you know me at all, you know I hate public speaking so just glad I got through my 30 seconds and didn't pass out. :)

Braden & Chris singing some songs

This is the group of girls that worked hard to put this thing together...none of us had ever planned a prayer vigil before (really?) but I think we did a pretty good job!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that is great!! such a great thing you did. we are praying for baby grayson! :)