Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hubers Pumpkin Picking

I LOVE this time of the year and always look forward to our annual trip to Hubers to find the perfect pumpkin. I also love having traditions to do with my family. Each time I get on the wagon and head out to the field I realize how much bigger Braden is and now having Ethan with us. :) I can vividly remember each year watching Braden tromp through the vines to find the perfect one. Next year Ethan won't have to "ride" on my back and he'll be cracking me up with his search for the best pumpkin. Today was such a great trip with perfect weather and the boys were just so fun to watch! And since I love this trip so much, you get to see way too many pumpkin pictures! :)

The wagon ride...this is the first time I've used the Moby wrap since Ethan was a newborn but I had to think of something for this trip. It worked out pretty well...except for the fact that I had it way too tight and it was cutting off my circulation a bit, but hey that's ok :)

Trying the first one out

OH, maybe it's this one!

Errrrr, or it could be this one....

Just a little break from all the lifting

Ethan had a nice ride and enjoyed watching.

Seriously!!!! Would you look at ALL the people in the background!!! This place is nuts!! Why didn't Chris and I buy some land in the middle of nowhere and throw down some pumpkin seeds? They are making a killing out there!

Our attempted family shot-ha!

This is it! This is the one he picked out! He searched and searched and then was adamant this was it and he pulled and pulled until he got the vine loose and then carried it all around with the loooooonnng vine trailing behind him. It was really cute! Everyone else walks out with these huge, big orange pumpkins and Braden knew this was his perfect pumpkin. :) Everyone kept commenting on it and saying we'd never forget this trip. :) When we went to pay the checkout people got a kick out of it too. Don't you love the minds of 3 year olds? :)

Pulling his long vine

He looks little here to me.

Ethan checking out the new pumpkin

Our two new prizes :)

I always love posing the kids in the big wagon of pumpkins



After pumpkins, we stuffed ourselves at the buffet, played on the playground and then headed out. We stopped for one last picture by the pretty flowers. Yeah for an awesome trip to Hubers!

No comments: