Saturday, February 26, 2011

Anthem 5K

Today was the anthem 5K. Chris and I both ran it along with several of our friends. :) This year I felt so much more prepared compared to my one short race last year where I over dressed for it and hated every minute of! Ha! The girls and I have actually been training and doing short runs throughout the week together and then our long runs on Saturdays with our church's crosstrainers. I definitely am a person that needs people to run with. It makes it so much more fun and keeps me going! Chris has been doing his long runs on Sundays with a group of guys so that's worked out well. Chris ran a 25:04 which was great considering he's sick and hasn't been running as much lately and I ran a 29:21 which I was thrilled about. :) In two weeks we have the 6 miler and then the 10 miler (yikes) on the 26th.

Jen, Amber, Christy and me before the race. :)

Chris and I after the race when we got home.

Uh....Chris captured this a few hours later. Yep Iwas pooped! And freezing!

Braden, still in his jammies enjoying some Disney Jr. while his wonderful parents zoned out on the couch. ha!

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

i am so proud of you! you used to tell me, "i'm so not a runner. i could never do that." it's all about putting one foot in front of the other and doing it! i can't wait to see how your other 2 races go!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YEAH!! That is awesome!!! I totally understand the group thing!! I am a group runner too!! Love my running partners! Nothing like them!!