Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cleaning out the closets

Today was the day...Chris and I hauled all of this and more to Little Treasure's Consignment sale in Louisville. It was a good thing because we can now walk in our storage areas and actually reach the washing machine without spraining an ankle but it's oh so very sad. :( I found myself hanging clothes, tagging them and then turning around and keeping it because it was a special shirt. But aren't they all so special? I can remember where I got almost everything...like if it was a shower gift and who gave it to me or if I got it at a sale myself. Each little piece just has so many memories of my boys in them that it's so hard to get rid of it all. But our little family is complete (we think :) and we couldn't be more blessed to have two beautiful, healthy boys! I am so grateful for what God has given us and every baby memory that I can cherish forever!! Even so, a little sad to drop it all off but making a little money and cleaning out the clutter is a good thing too!

Some of the sale items

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

bittersweet for sure! you had a ton of stuff to sell...i'm anxious to hear how you made out!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I can so feel your pain!!! I am having a very hard time when I think about getting rid of my baby things!! I get teary-eyed when I walk downstairs and see the boys' nursery stuff in the yard sale pile! I can also remember where I got everything, who gave it to use, where I bought it, whatever! It's sad!

Can't wait to hear about the sale!