Sunday, January 13, 2013

Braden's 6th Birthday Party

On Saturday we had Braden's birthday party for family complete with a super fun Lego theme. Chris and I had way too much getting ready for this theme.  I say Chris had "fun" loosely because I gave him some Lego assignments that you'll see below. :)  I love having the kids' parties because we get our whole family under one roof which is SO nice! Thanks to everyone for coming!
At Braden's request, I made Lego cookies.  They may look like a 3rd grader decorated them but by gholly they're made from scratch! :)  They did taste good despite the sloppy icing job.  I had fun making the goody bags look like legos....
Check out this fabulous Lego cake! My mom did this! She's not a professional cake maker but if you give my mom any kind of job she's all in!!  She worked really hard and we all thought it looked fabulous..and tasted yummy too!
Chris' assignments:  I asked him to make me the fork and spoon holder on the table but told him he could use Lego Duplos for less time. ha!  He also made this awesome "Braden" lego structure you can see that we now have on a shelf in Braden's room.  Pretty impressive babe!
Big stuff is 6 today!
Pretty cousins
Chris bringing in the pizzas....after our Lego decorations/projects, we went for easy pizza. ha!
ahhhhh...baby girls meeting. Claira and Stella were checking each other out.  I get my baby girl fix in our family. :)
Birthday meal request-pizza and nachos. So healthy!
My mom and Claira
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!
There's the face!
They ended up being trick candles because I just pulled them out of the drawer so they kept re-lighting...pretty funny stuff!
Cake and ice cream time
Mom and me
Grandpas
Gma Cindy got some snuggles from the bday boy
Braden was pumped for present time!  He was sure he'd get Lego sets!  Of course he did.
A knee board for this summer!  The boys were excited...especially Ethan, Mr. Boater!
Izzie was ready!
Ethan demonstrates how it works. ha! This kid is a hoot!  What a super fun birthday! Happy birthday Braden Alan!  We are sooo proud of you and love you so much!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That's a fun theme!! Nice job Mom and Dad!! :)