Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend

This weekend was SO busy but also so much fun! On Friday night we went up to Hardy Lake and hung out with Chris' dad & Carol at their campsite. Braden isn't quite sure what camping is all about but he got to eat a lot of junk and run wild so he thinks he likes camping...even though he didn't spend the night. On Saturday morning I headed up to Bloomington for my friend Melissa's bachelorette party and didn't get home until 11:30 that night! It was great seeing so many high school girlfriends and hanging around the pool all day without kids!! Can you imagine? :) Then yesterday morning we got up and headed to Patoka Lake for the whole day. Nick, Jen & their kiddos came with us and then we ended up knowing a few other families on the lake too. It was a great weekend but I am completely whooped!!! Thankfully today we had nothing planned and I took advantage of a big, drooly nap.

The island was a hit again with so many kids. That's Ethan being held up by Chris. I "allowed" Ethan to be on the island or the boat but I'm not quite ready to let anyone hold him in the lake yet...scares me a BIT too much! :)

The McAfee's were boating too so swam on over for a visit

It was so hot everyone needed to get in for a swim

Ethan cooling off on the boat and having a drink :)

I couldn't resist that wrinkly foot from swimming. Ha!

Braden was big stuff yesterday...he didn't really want me this close. He kept pushing my hands away wanting to swim by himself.

Where are the kids? Jen and I pretended we were all alone laying out. Ha! We thought maybe they would all forget about us on the boat....that lasted about 4 minutes until we heard, "mommy, mommy, mommy."

Snacking

Yeah! We finally got to use our grill for the first time. Chris grilled some yummy steak and chicken! It will be hard to ever go back to PB&J sandwiches now. :)

Carson & Braden-Big boys swimming by themselves!

There always has to be some event boating...Braden had to poop SO bad that he was starting to cry and wanted to go home to "his toilet." So Chris tried to swim him to the bank thinking maybe he'd squat over there and go (yuck) if he had to go bad enough. Chris swam with wet wipes in his hat! Ha!

No such luck...Braden wouldn't go...he wanted his bathroom and I can't hardly blame him. What in the world did the other boaters think? Sheesh!

Event #2!!! I'm sure the picture already made your skin crawl!! I am still SOOOOO creeped out I can't stand it. This was towards the end of the day and was at the other end of the lake (not that these aren't everywhere). Thankfully we were not in the water! This brave creepy thing swam between boats across the lake like he owned the place...well I guess he does but I was scared to death just being in the boat! Chris assured me he couldn't get on the boat :) but I was still freaking out! From now on my swimming may consists of quick dips to cool off and jumping right back up to the nice safe boat!!!

3 comments:

the lewis gang said...

is that a snake? yikes!!! looks like a great day! sure wish we could have met up with you guys!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OMG!!!!! i cannot believe that picture!!! YES my skin did crawl as soon as i saw it!!! YIKES!! glad you had a fun weekend. it was good to see you guys! next time you should come up and hang out at camp with us too!

Blessed Momma said...

oh my... that snake was freaky! Looks like you guys had a great "abenture" :-) You need to break out the bikini girl.. you look great!