Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I still remember sitting in church every Mother's Day before I was ever pregnant thinking, "I can't wait until I get to be a mom and stand with all the mothers." I just couldn't wait for that day. Being a mommy sure is the best (and hardest) job in the world!! I can't imagine life without my two little love bugs! As crazy as life is in our house (especially at mealtime) I wouldn't change one thing about these two precious gifts God gave to me! I think about how blessed I am everyday to have my boys and try to remember to cherish these moments...the fun ones and the ones that make me crazy because I know it will fly by. Thank you Braden and Ethan for making me the happiest mommy! I love you more than you'll ever know!!! (tear)

* Ok, now that I'm almost crying, back to this post...so I basically had a whole mother's day weekend-woohoo! Chris left for work like normal Friday morning and I was getting the kids through breakfast and dressed, texting friends about going to a park and all of a sudden he walked back in the house???? He had taken the day off (and just left to throw me off) to be with the boys and me for Mother's Day. :) So sweet and thoughtful! So we had the whole day just to be a family. We shopped around for a new tv for our bedroom. We were still using Chris' teeny tiny tv from 1989 :) and we decided to get a new flat screen with a DVD combo to put in our room...we are counting this as a Mother's Day/Father's Day combined gift. hee hee. So anyways, we shopped a bit, had lunch at Chuy's, came home all 4 took big naps, went flower shopping for our house and then met the Johnsen's for dinner. It was a full, fun day.

Then today, we went to church and met Chris' family at Mike Linnings for lunch. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast playing.
They loved this little playground

My lovebugs!



Up over the hill of the restaurant was a trail, these railroad tracks and the river...some fun sights.



Sweet boys...besides Braden squeezing Ethan's neck off. :)


Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!!!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

How sweet of Chris to take the day off!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Happy Mother's Day!