Saturday, April 28, 2012

My First Mini Marathon

So this morning was my first (and possibly last) half-marathon. :)  I never EVER thought I'd be a runner or even consider something like this.  That's what makes it all so unbelievable. My high school friends can tell you that no one hated running more than me.  I mean seriously could almost puke in 7th period math thinking about having to run 1 mile for pre-conditioning after school.  It seems like everyone in southern Indiana is a runner so eventually I caved and started. :)  Almost like a bucket list, I am so glad I can say I've actually done this at least once in my life. I'm so proud of my runner girls! It's been hard to get in all of the runs with kids and busy schedules and somehow we managed. Thanks to our hubbies for making it happen for us too!  

Chris and the boys came down to watch me finish. I texted him at mile 12 so he'd know I was coming and he had the camera ready (I'm rubbing off on him).  I'm looking obviously beautiful in these pictures. ha!!! I didn't see them until I was almost passed them and they yelled so I turned back for some kisses from my boys. :)

I'm pretty much a hot mess at this point. :) 
Kisses for my boys
Yay! I made it! 
This has been our running crew...Amber, Christy and me. Eric was with us today too (Amber's hubs) although he was in a league of his own on time. :)  So proud of you girls!!  So my ending time ended up being 2 hours and 15 minutes. I was happy with that...not sure if I could have made it much faster.  The first 8 miles I ran under 10 minutes but then ran out of gas from mile 10 on.  Still overall a good experience and so thankful the rain held off and the weather was good!!   Now, ready to put that "13.1" magnet on my car. :)

3 comments:

Dan and Denise said...

Congratulations, Tracey! What an amazing accomplishment!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! I've not known you as long as some of your other friends but I can say that I never thought you would do it. I've heard you say time and time again how much you hate running! I am so proud of you!! You did an fantastic job!!! :) Let's do one in the fall! :)

the lewis gang said...

way to go, tracy! i wasn't sure you would do one either. but you did! you can do anything you put your mind too! so proud of you! and jealous too! you have to run one with me sometime!!!