Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yeah for cheap decorating!!

A couple of weeks ago I went to an Uppercase Living party. If you haven't been to one, they have cute quotes and vinyl lettering that you can stick on your wall. It's all very neat but also can be expensive. I ended up ordering something for my living room but really wanted a few more. My mom (the professional scrapbooker) reminded me that she has a cricut machine that does this very thing! Who knew? So Friday night my mom, sister in law and nephew came down for a little crafting slumber party. It was so much fun! Heidi is such a good little decorator and totally took the quotes I wanted, put them into a little handheld computer machine picking the fonts and graphics and then we printed it out on the cricut. In reality, I didn't do a thing and just watched in amazement. The quote I ordered through Uppercase cost me $41 with shipping and these cost $5 each!!! Love, love when you can recreate something pricey for nothing. Thanks Mom and Heidi for all your help and the fun!! Love you!


In the hallway outside the boys' rooms.

In our bedroom-this is SO true! :)

In the basement in the toy room

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

I LOVE THOSE!!!! that brother quote is too precious! what a great deal!! i'm wanting to put mazden's name on the wall above her crib instead of doing wooden letters, but it is going to cost $30 plus shipping and handling. i don't know if i can bring myself to do it.

The Noble Family said...

I would love to be able to help you or anyone make these quotes, but the machines are in Spencer. :( Maybe one day when my mom isn't using the machines, I could get them down here and make some stuff. I think you could go cheaper than $30 though on uppercase living. If you go online, they have a design studio and it's much cheaper for a little name.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

those are soooo neat! looks good!

Dan and Denise said...

Those look great, Tracey!