Sunday, April 10, 2011

First set of stitches in the Noble Household

Poor Baby Ethan! Today was probably a first of many bumps and bruises with two active boys but my oh my, was today just heartbreaking! This weekend at church was "serve weekend" where there are tons of projects to sign up for to help the community. They asked Chris and I to lead a free car wash beside the church at the "brickhouse." So we dropped the boys off at church because they have childcare set up for the people serving and we went on to the car wash. Well after about an hour of car washing, Natalie ( a girl I know that was watching the kiddos) pulls up and I just think she's getting her car washed. Well she says to get in??? She tries to calmly tell me that Ethan fell and probably needs stitches. He was running in Bibleland, the little play area at church and tripped in his crocs and hit the front of the slide. Ouch! The slide isn't plastic and not even sharp on the end but I guess he just hit it hard enough. I ran in and a girl was holding him and he actually wasn't crying and was calm...but the blood-there was blood all over him and on the floor. Just scary!

So Chris and I took him to urgent care and it took 5 of us and the papoose (the restraints) to hold him down! He screamed and thrashed the whole time! Just broke my mommy heart and of course I cried a bit too because it was so heartbreaking. Can you imagine being restrained like that?!?! yikes!


So...the story continues...keep reading. We get home, Chris goes to mow, I put him in the highchair to feed him and look over and his stitches are oozing blood! WHAT?!? We just got 8 stitches, 2 deep down, 6 on the top and we were fine when we left. What in the world? I call urgent care and they closed at 5:00 and it's 5:10. Seriously! I called my pediatrician Christy Lane, who by the way is the greatest in the world, and she just tells me to come over. So I did and bless her heart, she is in the middle of dinner with her family but stops and takes care of us. SOOOOOO thankful and blessed to have her. She went to her office and got supplies and came back home in case we needed her husband to help us hold him down again. Sooooo, here we go again. Poor Ethan had to be completely held down again, kicking and thrashing while she pulled off the strips, cleaned it and then stopped the bleeding. Then she glued it all shut. I'm hoping we are good to go now and this puppy will hold together for 10 days until it heals. What a day I tell ya! But thankful for friends checking on us, sweet neighbors to put up with my nagging 4 year old today, an awesome pediatrician and a mother in law who drove in. In the craziest of moments, we are blessed! :)
It was a deep one!

Holding him down...Chris took this one...gotta have pics for the blog, right blogger girls? :)

After...look at his hair! Just completely soaked with sweat from crying so much :(

Tonight after we went to Dr. Lane's and got glued up. He wanted no more pics or attention for that matter.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Poor guy! That thing is nasty looking! I want to cry for him and you too!!

the lewis gang said...

poor baby! i bet he did cry and thrash! it looks like he took a good hit. it's so heartbreaking watching your little one feel so hurt. hope you get better soon, ethan!

Dan and Denise said...

OMG! That's terrible! Dr. Lane used to be in with our pediatricians. She is really good and so sweet. Good thing she was available tonight to take a look at poor Ethan's head. Hopefully, things will heal quickly and Ethan will forget how traumatic it was.