Friday, April 15, 2011

Stitches Day 2

So I had no idea when I did the last post about the stitches adventure that there would be more!!?!?!? I thought the stitches, the oozing of blood after stitches, and then gluing together would be enough for one story but that was unfortunately only the beginning. :( On Monday, Ethan woke up as happy as could be and played. Then after this morning nap on the way to drop him off to go to work, he spiked a pretty high fever...103.3. I immediately started flipping out and left Braden at Granny's, through Ethan back in the car and headed to Dr. Lane's office. On the way, I called and talked to a nurse who told me that they just found out that Braden's strep test from LAST Friday when we were in (before any of this stuff) was now testing positive. The nurse talked to Dr. Lane and they figured since Braden's test was now positive, Ethan probably had the same thing and they called in antibiotics for both. So...even though I was still nervous thinking a concussion or something, I thought well maybe??? so I picked up the medicine and went home. He seemed good that day and ran around a 100 fever off and on that day. Well later that afternoon into the night, I started noticing his forehead was swollen. Chris thought that was probably pretty normal considering he had just taken a blow to the head. I thought well I'll put him in my bed for the night (because I was still nervous and suspicious) so I can watch him and we'll call the Dr. (again) in the a.m. Continue on to day 3 :)
Bath time on Monday night...this is when he started to swell. :( Poor baby

No comments: