Saturday, March 5, 2011

5K to support Romania missions

This morning I ran in a 5K at Northside to help support the next mission trip to Romania. Since I went to Romania in 2005 I totally understand the $ they need to make that trip happen and it's especially close to my heart so I really wanted to do this race. :) Plus, a 5K is not so scary now and I know I can do it. It was raining pretty hard when I got up so we were so fortunate that it only sprinkled during the run which actually felt pretty good! Chris surprised me and was sitting in the car with the boys in the street when I came around a corner. He looked like the paparazzi with the camera out the window as I ran by. :) It was fun to wave and yell at the boys and gave me a little push to keep going. Then they were at the finish line when I got there-so sweet! Anyways, I didn't shatter any running records today (ha!) but I did win a pretty cool door prize. It was a basket full of dental items (actually from my dentist) that included the sonic toothbrush and a whitening gift certificate along with several toothbrushes and toothpaste. I was quite excited! That was a perfect door prize for me. I was so excited. It was just a great morning!
Chris and the boys catchine me at 2 miles

Finishing the race
Tina and I after the race
Carrie after the race-She was the first female finisher overall! Way to go Carrie!! That is sooooo cool!

1 comment: