Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A new pet! Well for 2 days :)

We are LOVING this beautiful weather and have been outside every chance we get! So on Saturday we were outside playing with our usual peeps, The Rousters and along came this cute dog from nowhere! She just ran into our yard and stayed....and stayed...and stayed, for 2 full days might I add! Now granted she had a lot of attention with all of the kids on the street but she was having the time of her life. She loved to play fetch (as a matter of fact that was the middle name given to "Lucy") and would run, fetch the tennis ball and bring the slobbery thing right back and drop it at your feet for another go around. She did this for hours! The kids loved her and were completely entertained for two days. Unfortuantely for the boys in this house, and fortunately for me (I can't do the indoor dog with long, shedding black hair-I'd like to be that good mom but it's not in the cards right now) the dog was microchipped and we found her owner. So on Monday Chris and Braden drove her to her real owner and found out her name was not, "Lucy Fetch Rouster Noble" but rather Maggie. :) It was a sad day when we told Braden. He even cried and yelled at me and said, "You'll never ever let me get a dog" which kind of broke my heart but then he was such a big boy dropping her off and was happy Maggie found her home. Now, I wonder how many times I'll hear, "Can we go see Maggie?" in the next few days. :)

No comments: