Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rodes City 10K Run

Saturday was the second leg of the triple crown of running. This was the 10K which was 6.2 miles. I rode down to the race with Christy and Amber and then we met Chris there. Chris actually ran the whole race with me which was fun. :) He was so good about encouraging me and even let me use his ipod when mine for some unknown reason wasn't charged and wouldn't work from the start line. He's such a good boy! :) It was a great race, a few small hills (although any hill seems big to me), and the sun was shining. I am so grateful that all of these races have had such perfect weather so far. Fingers crossed that the 10 miler in two weeks is the same! We finished with a time of 1 hour, 3 minutes and 26 seconds (1:03:26). Amber was a few minutes ahead of us and Christy a few minutes behind do to a bathroom detour. :) I'm pretty happy with my time. It's right at a 10 minute mile pace and that's about as good as it gets if I'm going over 3 miles. I'm a little nervous about the 10 miler because I've never done more than 7 but I'm just preparing to walk some if I need to....just as long as we finish. :)


2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

nice work!! i do not like missing these races! i love them!

the lewis gang said...

great work, tracy! i still can't believe you running all this! you used to give me such a hard time! i'm proud of you!!