Sunday, March 27, 2011

Papa John's 10 Miler

Saturday was the last leg of the triple crown of running. It was the 10 miler! Although I was scared to death I would be completely broken and have to walk a lot of it, it ended up being kind of enjoyable! :) The last 2-3 miles were pretty painful for me because I have had so much knee trouble but I just kept thinking, "you're almost there." Chris ran with me the whole way so that made it nice because there's always someone to talk to and it seems like there is so much to look around and see-from reading people's shirts, to the people cheering to the DJ stations, there was always something to occupy your time. :) I ran a 1:46:22 which is actually better than I thought I would do...it was about a 10:30 pace so I was really happy with that. Considering I've only been running for 3 months now, it's amazing what the body can do if you work at it! So for now, my races are over for awhile and I'm going to recover my knees so I can hopefully walk without a limp and get down stairs again soon. ha!
Amber, Christy & me before the race :)

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

i'm so proud of you, tracy! that is a great time!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Nice work!!! You should be so proud!! :)

Dan and Denise said...

Way to go, Tracy!

Blessed Momma said...

Way to go girl... so proud of all 3 of you! So sad I wasn't there to join you all!