Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wakeboarding

So I tried something new tonight on the water...wakeboarding. I've been wanting to try for weeks now because I keep seeing these crazy wakeboarding people that are doing huge flips in the air and it just looks like so much fun!!! Not that I'm planning on doing any flips, but I just wanted to try it. Tonight we hooked up with Nick and he had his board so I gave it a try. The good thing was I got up first try! The bad thing was I thought I broke my neck 3 seconds later. Ha! Since I wasn't expecting to get up I guess I didn't' know what to do once I got up and flew off the board forward and hit the water just right, face first that my head and neck were throbbing when I came up...and I mean throbbing!!! I told Chris, I could deal with a broken arm or something but I'm not really interested in breaking my neck. :( Maybe that's why I see wakeboarders wearing helmets. Sheesh! Anyways, I waited awhile for my head to feel normal again and for the fear to leave and got back on. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

fun! you look good! we like to wake board too! we've not tried it in years though. daniel is much braver than i am though!

the lewis gang said...

wow! glad you are okay! you have become a boating a maniac! :)

Dan and Denise said...

You go, Girl! I'm impressed by your wake boarding skills! Glad you didn't get seriously injured.