Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strawberry Festival 5K

Last Saturday was the Starlight Strawberry Festival and with that a 5K. I had absolutely no intention of running it considering I have not been running at all consistently since the triple crown but somehow I got talked into it!! Christy and Amber were running it and convinced me it would be fun and I didn't want to miss out on the fun! I have to say the yummy strawberries and smoothie afterwards were a little more fun that the actual run. I pretty much ran out of gas at mile 2 and felt completely out of shape. It's amazing how fast you lose the running stamina you build up. I finished though with an ok time of 31 minutes and something. :) It was such a pretty run and I'm glad I did it even though I like to complain about how hard it was. ha!

Amber, Christy and me before the race

After the race with some other running pals....Sarah, Christy, Tina, me and Amber. Good job girls!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Nice work! I want to get registered for a race. It'll keep me honest! ha! :)

the lewis gang said...

i didn't know they did a 5k. i thought they only had a 6 miler. anyhow, good work! you do lose running stamina so quickly. i am so nervous for my first run since DECEMBER this weekend!