Saturday, June 11, 2011

Vacation Bible School

This whole past week Braden got to go to VBS from 8:45-12:15 at Georgetown Christian Church! Jenn took Carson too so that was nice that they each had a buddy. I was beyond impressed with the program and all the fun stuff they did with the kids each day. Braden came home with crafts and activities he made each day plus learned a bible story and some songs. They even ended the week with a program Friday night. It was so nice!

For the program they had all of this free yummy food and the kids performed their songs on stage. This was a monumental week for Mr. Braden in that I've never dropped him off anywhere for an extended period of time since he's always gone to preschool with me. Each day he would pucker a bit like he was going to cry (and did the first day for a few minutes) but the teachers said he was fine the minute I left. As a matter of fact, one teacher said he was playing me like a fiddle. ha! :) This was also the first time I've ever seen him "perform" in front of people. He acts shy in so many situations that I wasn't sure if he'd even go up there. I was soooooooo proud of my little guy. Not only did he go up there and sing but he was really excited we were there and was so proud to show off what he'd been working on. It sure made my mommy heart melt!! So proud of you Braden Alan!!!

Ethan got some cuddle time in with Jenn during dinner and enjoyed feeding her with his fork. :) She must have the touch because I've never seen him sit in one place for so long!

Braden all geared up for the show....it was a cowboy/ranch theme


Braden and Carson sing their hearts out


A little jumping action


Then the preschoolers came to the floor while the kindergarteners sang...Braden continued showing off his skills. :) One of his skills was knocking the tree behind him down...he did that a few times during the rest of the songs. ha!


Yeah! Good job Braden!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awww, that's sweet!! nice work, braden!! :)